|*MEET AT CITY PLAZA ON FAYETTEVILLE
ST. IN FRONT OF MARRIOTT AT 10:30. MARCH TO MOORE SQUARE.*
We unite with the broad, inclusive mission of the national march, which states: "The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us...The Women’s March on Washington will send a bold message to our new government on their first day in office...We will not rest until women have parity and equity at all levels of leadership in society. We work peacefully while recognizing there is no true peace without justice and equity for all." You can read the full mission statement at https://
As the Raleigh, NC mobilization, we also assert:
- The theme for our march is "Women Mobilize NC." Those who are not connected to organizations fighting for women's rights, gender justice and all aspects of a true democracy should be after attending this event. You will see us again and again, in the streets and at the ballot box!
- North Carolina has been on the front lines of the struggle for democracy and progress. But our state legislature is trying to raise a #NewConfederacy.
- We just witnessed a campaign in which racism, classism, sexism, Islamophobia, homophobia, and other ugly forces were used as tools to divide us. Those tactics put people and policies in charge that will hurt every single one of us. We will build bridges, not walls, knowing that a blow to one is a blow to all.
- Racism is the cornerstone of the strategy to implement minority rule to the detriment of all. We seek to lift up the leadership of women and trans people of color.
- North Carolina’s women and allies lead a loving, beautiful and creative resistance to the backwards policies proposed by the incoming administration.
- Here in NC we know undemocratic, minority rule when we see it. We - diverse, but united in celebration of women's rights, human rights, and democratic rights - are the real majority! And we refuse to be silenced.